Design of electrified powertrain components/systems for EV & HEV
AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain components and systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV). Our core competencies are the design, validation, and manufacture of high-performance electric motors, power electronics, and thermofluids integration.
Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of software / firmware for automotive electronics. This will involve interpreting specifications to produce software functional specifications, coding, testing, software design and documentation. The role will also include software functional safety analysis, design and validation.
Essential skills and experience
• Proficient C programming in embedded system environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded software development or Automotive ECU programming.
• Experience with various microcontrollers and related compilers and debuggers such as ARM Cortex-M, AVR, Microchip PIC, DsPic, TI-C2000, MSP430, Infinion-TriCore etc.
• Experience in automotive motor control applications and power management applications.
• Knowledge in control software for analogue and digital circuits.
• Experience in automotive protocols such as CAN, LIN
• Experience in peripherals interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Flash, GPIO)
• Knowledge in modular APIs and code reusability.
• Source code version control and build process.
• Unit testing methodology.
• Experience in handling of testing and measurement equipment (Oscilloscope, DVM, Vector CANalyzer, etc.)
Desirable experience and skills
• National Instruments LabVIEW
• Good experience with Matlab/Simulink
• Experience in Automotive diagnostics standard protocols like ISO14229, OBD2
• Experience in Automotive Functional Safety according ISO26262, IEC61508, D078B
• Experience in Electric Vehicle Battery Management Systems (BMS)
• Experience in Automotive Bootloaders.
• BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade, or in a comparable field.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.