Design of electrified powertrain components/systems for EV & HEV
AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain components and systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV). Our core competencies are the design, validation, and manufacture of high-performance electric motors, power electronics, and thermofluids integration.
Working as part of the engineering team you will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using CAD. This will involve designing mechanical components and assemblies from scratch and modifying existing designs using the Autodesk Inventor suite.
Your role will also involve working across a variety of projects which will include attending project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
This is not a 100% desk based role as you will be involved in building and testing prototype units in the workshop and also out in the field. You will also be involved in ongoing product development, testing, fault finding and debugging, some travel to customer’s sites across the UK and mainland Europe may also be involved.
Desired skills and experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a mechanical designer in the automotive industry
• Competent in design software and IT skills
• Competent using Autodesk Inventor
• Experience in design for manufacture
• Experience working on multiple projects at the same time
• A desire to get things done
• An appetite for continuous learning on the job
• A positive attitude
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Strong problem solving skills
BEng or BSc in Mechanical Design Engineering, or equivalent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.