Design of electrified powertrain components/systems for EV & HEV
Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of power electronics products for electric vehicles and marine applications. As well as for all technical aspects of the product lifecycle and for ensuring project schedules and material budgets are met.
Essential skills and experience
• 2+ years of relevant practical experience of designing and developing electrical and electronic circuits.
• Experienced in the design and analysis of switched power electronics converter applications up to 500kVA using Power MOSFET and IGBT technologies.
• Experience in power circuit, EMC design, gate drives and control circuit design.
Desirable skills and experience
• Experience of product development for use in automotive or marine environments.
• Experience with motor drives, power factor correction and grid–tied inverters.
• Understanding of motor control techniques, Field-Oriented Control, DTC, SVM etc.
• Understanding of functional safety analysis, design and validation to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
• Experience in mathematical modelling and simulation of circuits and systems using SPICE and/or PLECS.
• Qualification testing of systems including EMC and environmental testing.
• Experienced in the preparation of technical documentation – system functional descriptions, electrical schematics, component BOMs, V&V test plans and reports.
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to deal with all levels of the organisation and be comfortable in presenting design ideas and solutions to customers and senior colleagues.
• Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated; able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
• Organised, methodical approach with good problem solving skills.
• BEng (Hons) Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.