Website Battery M.D., Inc.
State of the Art Battery Laboratory & Battery Remanufacturing Co
Title: Battery Service Engineer
Reports to: CEO
Salary range: Salary (full time, exempt), TBD based on qualifications
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00-5:00 typical
Benefits: Medical, Dental and 401K
Provide battery testing and repair services for a small but rapidly growing Tier 1 automotive service supplier in the electric and hybrid vehicle industry. Established company that has been in business for over 28 years and is internationally recognized for Excellence in the area of battery testing and high quality high voltage battery repairs. Company owns and operates a State-of-the-Art Battery Laboratory and stores, maintains and ships new batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles for several major auto companies, nationwide.
Specific duties as Battery Service Engineer include a wide range of activities including (hands-on) repairing and assembling high voltage battery packs (for electric and hybrid vehicles), operating battery test equipment, programming battery cyclers (to perform automatic charges and discharges, C++, LabView), integrating battery management systems to test equipment, repairing / calibrating custom environmental chambers, and assisting with battery pack warehousing / order shipments / boost charging or providing hands on battery pack assembly. Last of all, must be enthusiastic about cars and the electric / hybrid vehicle industry and working with the top notch automotive engineers in the world.
Skills and Knowledge
· Interest and passion for the automotive technology especially electric and hybrid vehicles.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology required. Electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle, battery testing or automotive experience a plus. Previous engineering and project management experience a plus.
· Previous college experience with Future Car, American Solar Challenge or SAE Formula Hybrid experience a huge plus (solar car, hybrid vehicle or electric vehicle building and racing experience).
· Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Excellent hands on / mechanical skills for use of tools on high voltage equipment
· Knowledge of CAN / Serial communication systems, Vector CAN, LabVIEW, C++ programming, National Instruments DAQ and macros (using Excel or Matlab).
· Basic electrical systems and heat transfer knowledge required.
· Knowledge of thermal management systems, battery management systems, batteries a plus.
· Time management and project management skills and experience. Ability to organize / complete tasks methodically while meeting project quality goals and deadlines.
1. Strong desire to work for a World Class bound level company
2. Exceptional oral and written communication skills to deal with customers, employees and management.
3. Ability to lift 50 lb. objects up to 100 times each day
4. Willing to continually improve and develop personal / technical skills including but not limited to areas of: communication, project management, engineering, customer service, and quality control (ISO or TS)
5. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of customer projects and business plans, and company business plans and trade-secrets.
6. Takes responsibility and ownership of one’s work.
7. Self starter and able to run with a project / task with little or no direction. Ability to work independently and self manage tasks and deadlines.
8. Flexible and able to handle a fast paced / changing environment.
9. Reliable, honest and conducts one’s self with a high degree of integrity.
10. Team player – works well with other team members to help further the company’s objectives.
11. Procedure oriented: ability to implement and follow established quality control systems / standard test procedures.
12. Positive, can-do attitude.
13. High attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.