Website Battery M.D., Inc.
State of the Art Battery Laboratory & Battery Remanufacturing Co
Title: Battery Service Technician & Warehouse Clerk
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary range: TBD based on qualifications / Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00-5:00, 1 hour lunch break (approx. 12:00PM – 1:00PM)
Benefits: Medical, Dental and 401K
Provide High Voltage Battery Service Technician and Warehousing Services for a small but rapidly growing Tier 1 automotive service supplier in the electric and hybrid vehicle (EV/HEV) industry. Established company that has been in business for over 28 years and is internationally recognized for Excellence in the area of battery testing and high quality high voltage battery repairs. Company owns and operates a State-of-the-Art Battery Laboratory and stores, remanufactures, maintains and ships high voltage batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles for several major auto companies, nationwide.
Specific duties as a Battery Service Technician & Warehouse Clerk include a wide range of activities including but not limited to: warehousing and inventory management of Electric and Hybrid vehicle battery packs for top Auto Manufacturers, processing new battery pack orders (same day shipment), receiving core returns from Dealers, performing incoming inspection (physical and using electrical scanning tools), assembling and disassembling high voltage battery packs, cleaning batteries, performing charge maintenance and periodic state of charge measurements on battery packs, performing battery and vehicle charge rotations, operating State-of-the-Art battery test equipment, assisting with test set ups, repair and diagnostics of high voltage battery packs, repair and diagnostics of production or prototype Electric and Hybrid vehicles, facility cleaning and building / equipment maintenance.
Skills and Knowledge
· Previous electrical and diagnostic experience. Auto repair experience a plus.
· Experience running or managing a warehouse a plus.
· Electronics, technology or automotive repair degree preferred.
· Previous electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle, solar, fuel cell, battery testing experience a plus.
· Good hands-on skills and familiarity of a wide range of hand tools and electronic test equipment
· Recent forklift certification and warehousing experience a plus.
· Must be smart, analytical, good common sense and be able to perform root cause / diagnostics on high voltage equipment with little or no guidance. Ability to follow procedures and work on tasks independently.
· Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
1. Strong desire to work for a World Class bound level company and work with other A-level engineers and technicians.
2. Ability to lift 50 lb. objects up to 100 times each day
3. Good driving record (required)
4. Willing to continually improve and develop personal / technical skills including but not limited to areas of: communication, technical skills, battery / vehicle knowledge, time management skills, and customer service skills.
5. Must have taken or be willing to take Landmark Education’s “The Forum” personal development course.
6. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of customer projects, products and business plans, and company business plans, products and trade-secrets.
7. Takes responsibility and ownership of one’s work.
8. Self starter and able to run with a project / task with little or no direction. Takes initiative and anticipates what needs to be done.
9. Must be neat, organized, high attention to detail and have ability to perform tasks in an efficient and methodical method.
10. Flexible and able to handle a fast paced / changing environment.
11. Reliable, honest and conducts one’s self with a high degree of Integrity.
12. Team player – works well with other team members to help further the company’s objectives.
13. Procedural – ability to follow the company’s quality control systems / standard test procedures.
14. Possess a commitment to excellence in everything you do – strong desire to be an A-level player.
15. Positive can-do attitude
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.