Website NH Research
Power electronic test solutions
Company and Market Focus
NH Research (NHR) designs and manufactures power electronic test solutions used in the automotive, energy, industrial, aerospace and defense industries, and has been in this business for over 50-years. More recently, NHR has focused on test equipment for the transportation electrification and renewable energy markets where exponential growth is being driven by governments that are mandating clean energy solutions. The products are generally considered best-in-class and provide the performance, simplicity, and safety that engineers and researchers desire. NHR is headquartered in Irvine, CA and is expanding its operation in Europe.
NHR is looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to analyze power electronic challenges and develop appropriate solutions. Candidate should have a passion for continuous learning and ability to share knowledge and / or teach others. Key responsibilities include assisting the sales team in pre-sales activities including definition of test needs, interpretation of specification requirements, system configuration, proposal preparation, benchmark test programs, competitive positioning, and product demonstrations. Additionally, the Applications Engineer will support and engage with product line management, customer support, manufacturing, and engineering ensuring we maintain a leadership position providing high quality products to our customers.
• BS Engineering degree (BSEE preferred), or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years work experience working with power electronics or test equipment
• Must possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills to be the link between customers, sales team and engineering
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Comfortable with hands-on wiring and working with high power equipment
• Able to work independently with excellent time and task management
• Willingness to travel when required
• Fluency in written and spoken German and English
Stronger candidates would additionally be able to demonstrate
• Experience in specifying test equipment especially when designing automated test systems
• Familiarity with AC & DC loads, battery cyclers, grid simulators, and related solutions.
• Experience in a technical sales-support role
• Experience networking protocols (TCP-IP / UDP / etc.)
and with additional communication protocols (CAN / MODBUS / Serial / etc.)
• Expertise in writing applications in LabVIEW, Python, C#, or similar languages
• Experience in developing or performing training programs
• Experience in creating application notes and whitepapers
Travel Requirement: approximately 25%. Initial 1 month training period at Irvine, California Headquarters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.