Website USDI - Unique Systems Design, Inc.
Delivering Engineering Excellence Since 1987
#865 DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
* At this time USDI is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems and devices for passenger cars and trucks
What you will do:
· Develop efficient and cost effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment and laboratory, and robust simulation tools
· Develop power electronic devices DVP & R
· Define and carry out all required development and validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals
· Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis
· Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufactured without defect
· Test finished product for quality purposes and recommend changes to product specifications as necessary
· Define and carry out all required bench development/validation
· Follow after treatment systems (ATS) technology trends and determine system trade-offs for different solutions as well as competitive technologies for passenger car and light duty applications
· Perform ATS development according to requirements including design, components, catalyst FUL aging, and OBD threshold parts
· Support the definition of ATS and diagnostic requirements and communicate to engine systems with substrate, washcoat and PGM definition and production part release responsibility
· Apply appropriate procedures and methodologies for project management including planning, scheduling, and reporting to reach project deliverables
· Manage current production product including develop quality improvement actions, implement lessons learned, promote cost reduction, and perform benchmark analysis
· Meet technical cost targets, time to market, and ATS performance targets
What you will need:
· Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a related degree
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the automotive industry
· Preferably the candidate will have experience in engine hardware, after treatment, engine-systems, controls or calibration with an OEM, supplier or academia
· Good understanding of gasoline engine hardware, after treatment systems, diagnostics, controls and calibration
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc. Take the next step and send us your resume now to be reviewed by one of our specialists.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 32 years and we specialize in technical engineering challenges.
Let us put our vast experience with major OEM’s, suppliers, and candidates to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.