Website USDI - Unique Systems Design, Inc.
Delivering Engineering Excellence Since 1987
#386 SOFTWARE ENGINEER
*This position is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
The Software Engineer will develop and analyze requirements, design, implement, integrate and test C code for automotive production embedded electronic module in the vehicle environment.
· Develop software in compliance with a formal CMM level 3 based Software Development Process and Product Development Process (PDP)
· Development of portable, reusable and modular software compliant to automotive requirements and design guidelines
· Implement customer and application specific requirements in the automotive software
· Integrate book-shelved and/or 3rd party software into an application specific software ECU
· Validate software at component and bench level
· BS in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science
· 5 – 7 years of experience in developing software using C in Real Time Embedded Controls for automotive applications
· C language based embedded software development with tools and environments for multiple 16 and 32 bit micro-controllers such as the Freescale PowerPC family
· Development experience of portable, reusable and modular software in automotive environment for production programs
· Experience with implementation of low level driver software such as SPI, I2C, PWM for various microcontrollers
· Experience in developing and implementing safety critical software, software fault tolerance design including familiarity with ASIL safety standards
· Experience with implementation of various diagnostic protocols such has UDS, ISO 14229, KWP2000
· Experience using a disciplined software development process based on CMM or CMMi process mode
· Expertise in using CAN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI, etc.
· Experience with OSEK compliant Real-Time OS
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Knowledge and experience in implementing and integrating Automotive Vehicle Networks (CAN and/or LIN) for various OEMs
· Software Configuration Management tool experience preferably MKS/PTC Integrity
· Excellent communication and inter personal skills required. This person must work well with other engineers in a team environment
· MS in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science preferred
· Experience with model based algorithm development using Matlab/Simulink (or equivalent) tools for mode management, torque management, slip control, developing in Simulink with fixed point, auto coding using RTW (or equivalent) tool preferred
· Customer interface for all software related activities including customer design reviews, clarify and negotiate customer requirements preferred
· Familiarity with OE-level diagnostics and production test tool interfaces preferred
· Knowledge of CPU’s, DSP’s, Flash/ROM/RAM and other chips that are used in Embedded Control systems preferred
· Knowledge of an event driven architecture preferred
· Experience in developing and implementing software for one or more of the product areas preferred:
o ADAS ECUs
o Chassis Controller ECUs
o Body Electronics ECUs
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 32 years and we specialize in technical engineering challenges.
Let us put our vast experience with major OEM’s, suppliers, and candidates to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.