1. Design and development mechanical components and sub-assemblies for electric vehicle system, such as suspension, brake, steering, and drivetrain system.
2. Manage and execute the prototype system process including manufacturing process, testing, assembly, and validation plan.
3. Establish design architecture and create tools to compute/simulate performance of models.
4. Use CAD to design and optimize concepts.
5. Create drawings with required tolerances using GD&T for release to suppliers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
• Outstanding design, packaging and 3D modeling skills – we use Solidworks/Onshape and consider candidates with strong capability in any other CAD package
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis tools and other simulation/CAE tools is a plus.
• Have knowledge of materials properties (metal, plastic, composite material), applications, and manufacturing processes (CNC, welding, laser cutting,3D printing, injection molding, stamping, die casting, etc.)
• Experience with the DFMEAs, failure root-cause analysis is a plus.
• Demonstrable motivation and ability to solve novel, difficult design problems with tight timing constraints
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.