Website YASA Ltd
Due to our continued growth and success, we are looking for a Buyer to join the Purchasing Team to provide support to YASA’s purchasing process, with the responsibility of ordering materials, processing purchasing documents and materials.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder engagement at all levels both internally and with our external suppliers
- Organising high value and complex products, with impact across several key functions of the business
- High-level interaction internally, as well as frequent, high-level communication with the supply base
- Assisting with the the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers
- Raising and issuing of purchase orders in accordance with our production requirements and company procedures
- Maintain accurate and timely data records
- Answering incoming calls and dealing with in an appropriate manner
- Provide purchasing support and assistance to other departments as required
- Research and build working relationships with new suppliers and subcontractors
- Assist with issuing purchasing enquiries and carry out quotation analysis where necessary.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience in supplier/customer relationship management
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to work effectively with teams
- Good IT skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Good understanding of need for diplomacy and confidentiality
- Extremely organised with good business acumen
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Flexible approach to work
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV)
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit yasa.livevacancies.co.uk.