Website YASA Ltd
YASA manufactures a range of electric motors and generators based on our unique motor topology at our factory and Company Headquarters in Oxfordshire. YASA was founded on the principle that small, light electric motors will play a growing role in meeting both the strict emissions targets being set globally in a wide range of industries and the requirement for greater efficiency through electrification.
YASA can deliver a significantly smaller and lighter electric motor than any other competing technology. Furthermore, the technology is inherently lower cost than competitor motors due to the exceptionally high utilisation of magnetic material. The high performance YASA motors and generators are suitable for range of markets and applications, and excel in the toughest environments where weight and space are critical for the end-user.
Due to the continued growth and success of YASA we are looking for a Head of Engineering to join the team.
The Head of Engineering will be responsible for developing the overall concept of a new product and for solving the technical challenges that arise in the development through to production. They will be expected to lead, motivate and develop a team of engineers, set schedules, and create administrative working procedures to grow and maintain an effective engineering department.
- Lead and provide guidance to our engineering teams with particular reference to new programs and concept design activities through to delivery of high volume automotive programmes
- Work closely with the Project Mangers to resource and support the various stages of development and validation
- Provide product and programme cost and budgetary resource requirements against a range of projects from one-off bespoke through to high volume production
- Ensure high level of support is provided to customers to resolve challenging issues with motors, controllers and gearboxes, working with the engineering team to provide practical solutions for the application
- Oversee the development and capability of YASA’s simulation and measurement capability in Mechanical FEA, modal analysis, CFD, mould flow, product test and validation
- Identify technical opportunities and assess feasibility for YASA that may arise from new materials, processes or designs e.g., material substitution with carbon, high tensile steel, titanium and composites
- Develop ideas and design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
- Lead, guide and develop a team of engineers, providing training and direction
- Work along-side our Head of Manufacturing Engineering and Senior Production Manager to plan and executing new product introduction processes
- Undertake any other duties that may be considered appropriate.
Skills and experience required:
- A technical degree or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a mechanical design/product development environment
- Proven experience as a leader with at least 5 years in a similar role/environment
- Thorough management skills with proven track record of delivery
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- A flexible approach to work along with a desire to thrive in a dynamic, exciting and fast-moving environment
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to find solutions to all challenges that arise.
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines or rotational/complex components
Experience of working within a TS16949 quality system environment
Familiar with FMEAs, 8Ds and various robust engineering practices.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/qYB6TGkFHKxSslQEFqAqpQ →