Website YASA Ltd
Manufacturer of compact, lightweight and powerful e-motors
YASA is looking for a Head of Engineering to join our rapidly growing company.
You will be responsible for developing the overall concept of a new product and for solving the technical challenges that arise in the development through to production. You will lead, motivate and develop a team of engineers, set schedules, and create administrative working procedures to grow and maintain an effective engineering department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and provide guidance to our engineering teams with particular reference to new programs and concept design activities through to delivery of high volume automotive programmes
- Work closely with the Project Mangers to resource and support the various stages of development and validation
- Provide product and programme cost and budgetary resource requirements against a range of projects from one-off bespoke through to high volume production
- Ensure high level of support is provided to customers to resolve challenging issues with motors, controllers and gearboxes, working with the engineering team to provide practical solutions for the application
- Oversee the development and capability of YASA’s simulation and measurement capability in Mechanical FEA, modal analysis, CFD, mould flow, product test and validation etc.
- Identify technical opportunities and assess feasibility for YASA that may arise from new materials, processes or designs e.g., material substitution with carbon, high tensile steel, titanium and composites
- Develop ideas and design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
- Lead, guide and develop a team of engineers, providing training and direction
- Work alongside our Head of Manufacturing Engineering and Senior Production Manager to plan and executing new product introduction processes.
- A technical degree or equivalent with strong experience as a manager in a mechanical design/product development environment
- Proven experience as a leader within a similar role/environment
- Thorough management skills with proven track record of delivery
- A flexible approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast-moving environment
- Self-motivated and possesses the ability to find solutions to all challenges that arise
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit yasa.livevacancies.co.uk.