Website YASA Ltd
Manufacturer of compact, lightweight and powerful e-motors
YASA is looking for a Head of Project Management to join our rapidly growing company.
You will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise to ensure the successful delivery of all YASA projects, and to manage the development of Project Managers within YASA.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own the YASA project portfolio and lead a team of Project Managers to deliver against current and new business programmes
- Develop executive level project and product reporting to support decision making across YASA; providing information to managers, heads of department and the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Driving and motivating project teams with clear communication of expectations and deliverables. Support project issues through to successful resolution
- Develop proposals and full project costings for to support new business opportunities in large scale automotive programmes
- Manage portfolio cost adherence and project tracking to ensure budget and delivery are adhered to
- Ensure customer instigated changes are properly captured, approved and funded
- Ensure gateway process and documentation is applied across projects, look to identify and implement improved processes/documentation/working practices as the business grows
- Work closely with heads of departments to lead strategically important projects and manage resource as required to support delivery
- Client-facing when necessary to support Project Managers and the wider teams such as Sales
- Working closely with the Finance Team to ensure accurate revenue accrual
- Following best practice programme/project methodology
- Ensure that risk profiles are defined for each project; maintain and manage the risk and log for each project, put in place contingency plans to minimise business risk
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience working in the automotive industry or similar
- Proven project management experience in an automotive business
- Demonstrated track record of engineering ability in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Experienced in managing OEM customers both technically and commercially to ensure cost, delivery and quality are clear at all times
- Good awareness of best practise development processes, requirements and expectations
- Track record of successful complex project delivery
- Experienced in the use of MS project and practical project/risk management techniques
- Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
- Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills practised in negotiation and presentations.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit yasa.livevacancies.co.uk.