Website YASA Ltd
Manufacturer of compact, lightweight and powerful e-motors
YASA is looking for a Head of Quality to join our rapidly growing company.
You will be responsible for working closely with the senior management team to define strategy and roadmaps for the Quality Department, as well as managing and overseeing the output of the Quality Team. This includes quality related programme/production deliverables; participation in and the leading of APQP activities both internally and externally, and problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Quality function for YASA, including the day-to-day management of a skilled Quality Team, identifying needs and growing staff ability and levels to meet volume production requirements
- Providing leadership, coaching and development of the Quality Team in order to provide exceptional service and continuous improvement
- Oversee the development of the quality improvement road map
- Lead the implementation of TS16949 level practises to support accreditation and customer audits
- Oversee and support the implementation and and maintenance of systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and IATF16949 quality system and any project specific quality requirements
- Lead the implementation of specific, focussed ‘Quality Improvement Programmes’ to deliver year-on-year QCD improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques
- Lead and manage the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction
- Take part in customer/supplier audits as required
Set relevant KPIs for the Quality Team
- Support off site (UK and overseas) visits and manufacturing activities alongside the Quality Manager where necessary
- Work with and support other operational functions and stakeholders across the business
- Review business performance and ensure delivery of key operational targets
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
- Proven experience leading a Quality Department within a low-medium-high volume manufacturing facility
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience within a customer facing tier 1 automotive manufacturer, preferably in a medium/high volume manufacturing business
- Experienced with Quality Improvement Programmes, Pareto, PFMEA, 5S, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools
- Experienced in the use of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Experienced in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- Experienced in defining business strategy and roadmaps
- Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritisation and delegation
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time
- Ability to find creative solutions to issues when required
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, provide operational interface and influence/present to customers up to board level
- Proven capability in the growth, motivation and leadership of staff
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Flexible approach to work and a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel when required.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit yasa.livevacancies.co.uk.