Website YASA Ltd
YASA manufactures a range of electric motors and generators based on our unique motor topology at our factory and Company Headquarters in Oxfordshire. YASA was founded on the principle that small, light electric motors will play a growing role in meeting both the strict emissions targets being set globally in a wide range of industries and the requirement for greater efficiency through electrification.
YASA can deliver a significantly smaller and lighter electric motor than any other competing technology. Furthermore, the technology is inherently lower cost than competitor motors due to the exceptionally high utilisation of magnetic material. The high performance YASA motors and generators are suitable for range of markets and applications, and excel in the toughest environments where weight and space are critical for the end-user.
YASA are looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Design Engineer with a demonstrated ability for design and development in a fast-paced environment. Looking for that next step in career progression, you will be keen to grow knowledge and experience that can only be gained from a small company.
You must have a sound knowledge of engineering principles and materials, and an ability to apply your experience creatively in the development of world leading innovative products. Working to a range of industry standards for quality and validation, you will be capable of providing solutions backed up with a robust methodology that will keep YASA Motors at the forefront of electric motor technology in the years ahead.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing ideas and design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
- Detail and design of 3d and 2d CAD models and drawings using best practice geometric tolerances, key characteristics and drawing standards. Working within a drawing control PDM system
- Understand design for assembly and constraints for high volume manufacture
- Perform material selection and mechanical FEA analysis on components and assemblies
- Provide detail input to the team to ensure overall design meets requirements for functionality and manufacture
- Support development of manufacturing processes and novel designs for new technology applications and materials
- Support DFMEAs and complete actions required to mitigate risks
- Support new business opportunities with information and guidance on use, packaging and application of YASA motors
- Liaise with key suppliers and customers on design and development issues, resolve to the optimal solution and understand the compromises.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering with at least 2 years’ experience in a design and development environment
- Strong experience of SolidWorks CAD software package with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings working to BS8888 with best practice geometric tolerances and key characteristics
- The ability to undertake and interpret mechanical FEA studies and propose solutions / improvements to design issues
- Experience with drawing control systems such as PDM
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background, but more importantly, be able to apply knowledge to real world situations
- A flexible approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast-moving environment
- Creative problem solver with an analytical approach to implementation
- Familiar with FMEAs and robust engineering practices
- Good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing
- Confident with customers and suppliers, able to detail requirements and understand issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- UK driving licence and be available to support visits to customer sites.
• 25 days’ holiday
• On-site gym
• Private medical plan
• 4 x death in service
• Flexible working hours
• Social activities
• Share scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/hZbYRYwHQmZ807fErD0RPg →