Website YASA Ltd
Due to our continued growth and success, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Manager to join the growing YASA team.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, experienced self-starter who prides themselves on their ability to deliver, has a flair for engineering and robust engineering practices. As a key member of the Quality Team you will have a detailed understanding of assembly processes, will be a skilled communicator, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
You will require the ability to thrive in a small yet rapidly expanding company environment, with a flexible and proactive approach to ensuring a range of tasks and challenges are progressed through to completion.
This role exists to ensure achievement of quality targets and goals while satisfying customer specific requirements. This includes interfacing with customers and suppliers on quality related programme/production deliverables; participation in and the leading of APQP activities both internally and externally, and leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
The post requires a working knowledge of lean manufacturing, process improvement, PFMEA, Poka-Yoke, and best practice assembly processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map. Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and IATF16949 Quality system and any project specific Quality requirements
- Lead the implementation of specific, focussed ‘Quality Improvement Programmes’ to deliver year-on-year QCD improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques
- In conjunction with Programme Managers, act as quality interface for projects and programmes both internally and with customers
- Supporting the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction
- Undertake customer and supplier concern resolution, identifying the root cause(s), initiating and implement corrective actions
- Undertake staff training on quality systems and processes where necessary
- Undertake process audits and devise corrective action plans to address issues identified
- Approving new products and services in line with Company procedures
- Take part in customer/supplier visits and audits as required
- Analysis and reporting of customer returns/rejections in line with internal KPIs and customer expectation
- Where necessary support off site (UK and overseas) visits and manufacturing activities
- Deliver annual objectives set by functional manager
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company
Skills and experience:
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience gained in a customer facing tier 1 automotive manufacturer, preferably in a medium/high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
- Experience of Quality Improvement programmes, Pareto, PFMEA, 5s, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools
- Experienced in the use of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Experienced in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Candidates must have UK driving license and ability to travel.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/y3aiLMRuQWLeBygp44SImA →