Website YASA Ltd
YASA manufactures a range of electric motors and generators based on our unique motor topology at our factory and Company Headquarters in Oxfordshire. YASA was founded on the principle that small, light electric motors will play a growing role in meeting both the strict emissions targets being set globally in a wide range of industries and the requirement for greater efficiency through electrification.
YASA can deliver a significantly smaller and lighter electric motor than any other competing technology. Furthermore, the technology is inherently lower cost than competitor motors due to the exceptionally high utilisation of magnetic material. The high performance YASA motors and generators are suitable for range of markets and applications and excel in the toughest environments where weight and space are critical for the end-user.
YASA is looking for a Senior Test and Validation Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is a key role within YASA supporting the growth and diversification of our products and markets, reporting to our Systems and Verification Team Manager. Ideally this role would suit an engineer who is highly-motivated and has a background in the test and validation of new products, ideally electrical motors or other automotive electrical components.
You will be responsible for planning and coordinating both in-house and external product testing programmes for one or more of YASA’s main motor development projects, managing the work of other engineers and liaising with project management and customers on a regular basis. You will need to undertake reliability and failure mode analyses to support the wider Engineering function and our customers’ product development programmes.
You must possess a desire to work in a small but rapidly growing business, relishing the responsibility and opportunity this brings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, coordination and supervision of motor validation test programmes, incorporating both in-house and external testing. Planning and coordination may extend to include preparatory activities such as test rig development/upgrade works. Validation planning may include engagement with customers to determine and agree suitable tests and assess associated costs
- Review and approval of test specifications and test reports
- Liaising with project management to integrate the testing programme with the wider project planning and management activities
- Undertaking statistical reliability analyses to determine and justify sample quantities for validation testing
- Contributing/leading DFMEA and other in-house failure mode analyses, linking their outputs to validation tests
- Reporting on plans and progress to YASA management and external customers, including development of reports and delivery of presentations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in automotive product development and test
- Strong analytical and judgement skills, including statistical reliability and failure mode analyses
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisations
- Ability to plan the work of a team, schedule resources, monitor & report on progress
- Flexibility in their approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines or similar components preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project preferred
- Willingness to travel as required.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/8T-me2DwHH_6oqE334GKnw →