Website YASA Ltd
YASA manufactures a range of electric motors and generators based on our unique motor topology at our factory and company headquarters in Oxfordshire. YASA was founded on the principle that small, light electric motors will play a growing role in meeting both the strict emissions targets being set globally in a wide range of industries and the requirement for greater efficiency through electrification.
YASA can deliver a significantly smaller and lighter electric motor than any other competing technology. Furthermore, the technology is inherently lower cost than competitor motors due to the exceptionally high utilisation of magnetic material. The high performance YASA motors and generators are suitable for range of markets and applications, and excel in the toughest environments where weight and space are critical for the end-user.
YASA is looking for a highly motivated self-starter who prides themselves on their ability to deliver results and has a flair for engineering and robust manufacturing practices. As a key member of the Operations Team you will have a detailed understanding of automotive supply chain processes, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role exists to improve the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. This includes: the development of supply chain related procedures and processes; supplier assessment and qualification; management of supplier concerns; leading/coordinating supplier APQP activities; management of problem resolution and other quality/purchasing improvement initiatives and activities.
The role includes assessment of the current supplier base to identify, evaluate and develop suppliers capable of providing cost effective quality component for existing and future projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out supplier qualification assessments including detailed on-site process audits (to automotive standards)
- Preparing sourcing recommendations based on the results of supplier assessment activities
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality and inspection requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Leading the implementation of robust processes for supplier management and development
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Leading the successful implementation and owning the delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction and sourcing activities
- Working closely with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Approving new products and services in line with Company procedures
- Dealing with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution in a timely manner
- Leading supplier monitoring visits and audits, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the automotive TS16949 Management Systems standard
- Analysis and reporting of supplier quality incidents
- Undertaking other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience gained in an automotive supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Experience of auditing both internal and supplier processes
- Experience of supplier development programmes, Pareto, PFMEA or similar continuous improvement initiatives to drive quality improvements
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Candidates must have UK driving license and ability to travel.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/UeOI6brjRcPiiTEpZrdw9w →