Website YASA Ltd
Due to the growth and success of YASA an exciting opportunity exists for a talented self-starter to join the YASA team as a Test Technician.
The Test Technician will be responsible for daily operation of the rig to execute test procedures on YASA high power density motors and power electronic controllers, as well as taking ownership of the rig maintenance and performing upgrade/modification work as and when required. They will also contribute to the improvement of testing techniques, as well as generation of associated supporting product documentation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operation of the dynamometer rig to test cutting edge electrical motors and power electronic controllers
- Support of engineers in the creation of test procedures for conducting tests on the dynamometer
- Assembly of test rigs, involving installation and maintenance of mechanical assemblies, electrical equipment up to 1000V, water and oil coolant systems, instrumentation hardware, communication hardware (e.g. CAN) and pneumatic equipment
- Soldering/assembly of printed circuit boards and fabrication of other electrical assemblies (e.g. simple mechanical/electrical parts including looms, connectors, crimping, etc.)
- Identify and feedback potential rig design improvements to wider test team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a test environment (ideally automotive, electrical motors or power electronic controllers) working in electrical/mechanical testing
- Experience of setting up and operating test equipment to standard operating procedures
- Ability to read and modify electrical schematics
- Competent in wire and cable preparation, soldering, crimping, plumbing of low pressure fluid circuits
- Competent in debugging of electrical systems and conducting basic electrical tests such as impedance and continuity
- Familiarity with CAN J1939 SAE standards
- Consistent good attention to detail and appreciation of the importance of good test data to the end user
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical machines and power electronic controllers would be a strong advantage
- Familiarity with LabView and MATLAB software would be advantageous.
• 25 days’ holiday
• On-site gym
• Private medical plan
• 4 x death in service
• Flexible working hours
• Social activities
• Share scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://yasa.breathehr.com/v/O57GZ9D_YTpmWkPWV46PZQ →